Help > Audio Formats
The audition music is medium quality stereo MP3 (160 kbps/48kHz)
- MP3 High Quality, tagged - 320 kbps (NB: recently added mp3s are 160 kbps but are replaced with 320 kbps when released on albums)
- 16 bit, 48k WAV files. (NB: recently added WAVs are 24 bit, 48k but are replaced with 16 bit, 48k when released on albums)
- Surround Files - 16 bit 48k
WAV or MP3?
- WAV files are larger than MP3's but not always audibly better.
- WAV's will result in larger download times.
ID3 tags (iTunes)
Our MP3's are tagged with ID3 info.
iTunes does not yet display information from imported WAVs. Other applications (QuickTime/Final Cut Pro) will display the track information embedded in our WAVs.
Those which we haven't got around to remixing yet can be done on request:
- Our surround mixes usually place the main track to the forefront (L, R) and spatial fx to the rear.
- We have some ambient tracks enhanced by using the LFE channel.
- We don't use the center channel at all.
- We occasionally do some wild stuff for fun!